Παρασκευή 17 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Confessions of an English Teacher: Konstantina Antoniou

Hello! I am Konstantina Antoniou, an English teacher from Igoumenitsa, Thesprotia and I have been called to teach English in the 4th Primary School of Amaliada, in Ileia, this school year.

It is the first time I teach in a school that is quite far away from my hometown. So, it was a challenge for me, as a personality and a character, to work in another city and face a different situation. To tell you the truth, in the beginning I had negative feelings and I assumed it would be rather difficult for me to work in a school where I wouldn't know anyone.





I was wrong! The headteacher is a really cooperative and friendly person. In addition to this, I met a great colleague there, the teacher of English. She is very warm and she was the first person who approached me and explained to me every issue I needed to know.

As far as the classes, lessons and timetables are concerned, I am quite satisfied. On calm days, classes occur without incidents. Those days are few and far between. There are days, too, when the students are volatile for any number of reasons ranging from homecoming activities to fights among them.

Summing up, I would like to say that I have been lucky and I feel happy for working in this school. Most of the teachers - colleagues are rather kind and sociable and there are times when we go out to have fun, chat or drink some coffee. I hope all teachers have a good time inside their school, and also outside of it, because I consider this fact quite important.

Happy rest of school year to everyone!
Best wishes,

Konstantina Antoniou


It seemed like a good idea to start a series of blog posts, where an English teacher would each time share a few things about the good and the bad moments of teaching with the rest. If you want to be the next person who is going to be featured, please contact Demi Philippopoulou.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Making use of Interactive School Books

https://www.slideshare.net/secret/295SwD64C8GtUd